Updated as of 7 September 2020 • Effective as of 7 September 2020
○ The term “Service” refers to the services provided by Lenoma Legal, including without limitation access to Lenoma Legal’s online community; communication tools; document management and storage solutions; and payment services. Lenoma Legal does not provide an attorney referral service or serve as an employment agency. We provide a venue for our Users to download and access template legal documents.
○ The “Website” refers to Lenoma Legal’s website located at https://www.lenomadocs.com, all subpages and subdomains, and all content, services, and products available at or through the Website.
○“Lenoma Legal,” “We,” and “Us” refer to Lenoma Legal, as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, officers, and employees. Consultant Users are not part of Lenoma Legal.
○“The User,” “You” and “Your” refer to the person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website and/or the Service. A User may be a Legal Client, a Consultant User, both, or neither.
○“Legal Clients” refer to 1) Users who contract with Consultant Users for additional work, which, for purposes of Section 7 below, may include permanent employment, beyond the initial Job which established the Consultant User-Legal Client relationship.
○“Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, documents, information, data, articles, opinions, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, video recordings, audio recordings, sounds, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website. Content includes, without limitation, User-Generated Content, which may be submitted by any Lenoma Legal User (Legal Client).
○“Addendum” refers to the Lenoma Legal terms and conditions of which are incorporated herein.
• About the Lenoma Legal Service.
○ Lenoma Legal Service is a platform for collaboration and communication between legal professionals and those seeking legal assistance. The Lenoma Legal Service provides access to Lenoma Legal’s virtual community of professional Consultant Users; easy collaboration through Lenoma Legal’s communication management tools; document management and storage; and simple, secure payment and invoicing tools.
○ Lenoma Legal is a self-service avenue. Lenoma Legal does not offer legal representation. Lenoma Legal does not offer any legal advice, legal opinions, recommendations, referrals, or counseling. Consultant Users are not the employees or agents of Lenoma Legal. #lenomadocs is not involved in agreements between Users or in the representation of Users. At no point may Lenoma Legal be held liable for the actions or omissions of any Consultant User performing consulting services for you. Lenoma Legal Is Not An Attorney Referral Service or Employment Agency.
○ Lenoma Legal is not an attorney referral service or employment agency. Lenoma Legal does not select or endorse any individual Consultant User to service a Legal Client. While Lenoma Legal uses commercially reasonable efforts to confirm that registered Consultant Users are licensed attorneys, we do not make any warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the legal ability, competence, quality, or qualifications of any Consultant User. Lenoma Legal does not warrant or guarantee that Consultant Users are covered by professional liability insurance. Lenoma Legal encourages Legal Clients to research any Consultant User before accepting professional advice.
○ Lenoma Legal does not vouch for any of its Users. Lenoma Legal simply provides a platform on which those seeking legal assistance may communicate and transact with legal professionals. Lenoma Legal does not endorse any of its Consultant Users and does not sanction statements that Consultant Users make on the platform. Lenoma Legal makes no representation concerning the qualifications of non-attorney legal service providers.
○ Use of Lenoma Legal does Not Create An Attorney-Client Relationship With Lenoma Legal. Lenoma Legal does not offer legal advice or services. Any use of the Lenoma Legal Service is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship. Any attorney-client relationship must be in writing and between Consultant Users and Legal Clients and as further described in Section 6. Any communication via Lenoma Legal may not be held confidential. Lenoma Legal is not liable for the actions or omissions of any Consultant User performing consulting services for you.
• User Responsibilities. You, and you alone, are responsible for your account and anything that happens while you are signed in to or using your account. Your security is your responsibility.
○ User Account Security. If you sign up for the Service, you will create a personalized account which includes a unique username and a password to access the Service and to receive messages from Lenoma Legal. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You agree to notify Lenoma Legal immediately of any unauthorized use of account, or any other breaches of security. We will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your computer, mobile device, or other computing device and/or account.
○ Relationship with Consultant Users. Because we cannot guarantee the fitness of any of our Consultant Users for your specific needs, we encourage Legal Clients to research any Consultant User before accepting professional advice. Legal Clients may also request a written legal engagement agreement specifying the terms, scope, limitations, and conditions of the representation.
○ No Reliance on User-Generated Content. User-Generated Content posted on the Website, such as blog posts, is provided for informational purposes only, with no assurance that the User-Generated Content is true, correct, or accurate. User-Generated Content is not a substitute for professional legal advice or a solicitation to offer legal advice regarding specific facts. You should not delay or forego seeking legal advice or disregard professional legal advice based on User-Generated Content. Delay in seeking such legal advice could result in waiver of any claims you may have, depending on the applicable statute(s) of limitation. User-Generated Content is not regulated by any state or national bar association.
○ Compliance with Laws. You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the authority to, and are of legal age in your jurisdiction to, bind yourself to this Agreement; (ii) your use of the Service will be solely for purposes that are permitted by this Agreement; (iii) your use of the Service will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party; and (iv) your use of the Service will comply with all local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and with all other Lenoma Legal policies.
• Use and Conduct Restrictions. You are allowed to use the service as long as you follow a few basic rules. The following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions are the basic rules we expect users to follow while using the Service. We are not responsible for the content our users post, and we have the right to close accounts if we need to.
○ Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not under any circumstances transmit any Content (including software, text, images, or other information) that
■ is unlawful or promotes unlawful activity
■ defames, harasses, abuses, threatens, or incites violence towards any individual or group
■ is pornographic, discriminatory, or otherwise victimizes or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability
■ is spam, is machine- or randomly-generated, constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
■ contains or installs any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
■ infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights
■ impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or
■ violates the privacy of any third party.
○ Users Must Be Over Age 18. You represent that you are over the age of 18. Lenoma Legal does not target our Content to children or teenagers under 18, and we do not permit any Users under 18 on our Service. If we learn of any User under the age of 18, we will terminate that User’s account immediately.
○ No Liability for User Interactions; Lenoma Legal May Monitor Interactions. Any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of any User interactions, including, without limitation, Job Postings, that you input or receive through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. At our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your general interactions with the Service, though not the specifics of your legal interactions.